How to Hide Cords with Yarn!



Do visible cords bother you? They're like the panty-lines of a house! Go ahead and cover up your cords with a bit of yarn.

Many thanks to Amy @ Delineate your Dwelling for the yarn-spiration!

You will need:
  • Yarn that matches your wall color (or floor color, if the cord is resting on the floor)
  • Scissors
  • Unsightly cords to wrap


These cords have been bugging me FOREVER! Cords to the cable box, xbox and wii. I could hire an electrician to place all the cords inside the walls ... or I could cover them in yarn. Guess what I did :-).


Find some cheap yarn that matches the color of your wall or floor. Wind a large length around your hands or wind it into a ball.


You'll end up with a clump of yarn like this. Much easier than trying to contend with the whole skein of yarn!



Tie a knot around the cord a couple inches above the area you're trying to hide.


Wind the tightly around the cord and tails of the yarn, leaving no spaces between the winding lines. Tie a knot at the end and tuck the tails up into the area you just covered with yarn.

Before and after:


Shared this idea at these fabulous parties!

4 comments

  1. What a great idea! When I saw your pin on Pinterest, I repinned it and could not resist coming to your blog to read your post. The cords are way less obvious after the yarn treatment. I wonder how you had this idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, France! I got the inspiration from Amy @ Delineate your Dwelling. She wrapped the cord of a hanging lamp in different colors of yarn. There's a link to her post right under the last picture in this post!

      Delete
  2. Oops! I didn't see that last line... I thought the last picture was ending your post. Sorry. :-(
    I will go see her color version. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Actually, you helped me see that I should put Amy's link at the top of the post, so thank you!

      Delete